DBAL-I2 IR and Visible Red Laser
STEINTER MODEL NUMBER 9004 DBAL-I2 IR and visible red laser
Now Available For Commercial Purchase • New Class I Infrared Laser Pointers • Eye Safe IR Pointer with Visible Red Pointer
Built to perform under the most rigorous conditions and survive the harshest environments, the DBAL-I² allows users to seamlessly transition from day light maneuvers to low light operations with ease. The DBAL-I² dual beam aiming laser can fit most rifles, carbines, or submachine guns equipped with NATO 1913 or picatinny rails.
*Note The DBAL-I² with Visible Red Pointer & Eye Safe IR Pointer is classified as an ITAR regulated product and is prohibited from being exported outside the United States without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- 1 x 3-Volt 123A Lithium
- Battery Life DBAL-I² Up to 5 hours
- Warranty: 3 YEAR warranty
- Housing: Anodized aircraft aluminum 6061T-6 This is the BLACK model. TAN model available as special order, just put "Tan" in the special instructions
- Weight (with Battery & Mount): DBAL-I² 7.2 oz / 201.3 grams
- Size: DBAL-I² 3.5” L x 2.75” W x 1.75” H / 8.9 cm L x 7 cm W x 4.4 cm H
- Environment: DBAL-I² Waterproof to 20 meters
Why an IR laser?
Everyone wants to weapons mount the PVS14 on their night vision device. While there can be some advantages to that, there are some serious disadvantages.
1. Whenever an NV is weapons mounted, the weapon has to be brought up to the shoulder to get a "look" around with the night vision. It's cool in the movies where the Seals are patrolling and everyone has their rifle shouldered.... But in the real world few people have the arm strength to go around like that for a long period of time.
2. When an NV is weapons mounted and you are working with others, i.e, in a team tactics type environment- when you need to get a "look" around with the NV, the weapon has to be brought up to the shoulder and then you have to swing the weapon (and your body) around to get a look. In a team tactics type environment you could end up muzzle sweeping your team while doing this. Not exactly conducive to trust and teamwork being swept all the time....
3. God designed you to "look" around with your head, not your whole body. With the Night vision head or helmet mounted you can have a more natural and normal "look" around by turning your head, keep the rifle in a safe direction thereby not "sweeping" your team. Then when a target it spotted, the rifle can be brought up, the touch pad on the laser touched and the shot fired.
4. Shooting from a less than perfect shoulder pocket position is easier when the NV is mounted on the head or helmet mounted and the laser used. Quicker for close- in work.
Also, when working with a team wherein most or all are using NV, you can develop "codes" using the IR laser to mark targets, mark areas to investigate or move to, even short morse code type messages can be exchanged with the IR laser and nothing is visible to the naked eye.
Warranty: Purchasing this product entitles you to a 3 Year Warranty from the original date of purchase.Allow normal 2-4 week lead time from manufacturer. Absolutely no paypal on items with lead time! You are NOT charged until the order is ready to ship!
Export: The Export of this product without proper licensing is strictly prohibited and falls under ITAR per title 22, CFR, parts 120-130.
$25. ship, Manufacturer's lead time 2-4 weeks, Your CC will NOT be charged until your order ships. This is the REAL DEAL UNIT, NOT the Chinese airsoft copy! Manufactured by STEINER and brand NEW.
***Watch the videos
See a review of this unit from JRH by PRACTICAL PREPPERS, Consultants for the DOOMSDAY PREPPERS show
And watch a review by SouthernPrepper1 of Doomsday Preppers fame!
- Item #: DBALI2RED