Survival Medicine I Training Class
Survival Medicine Class April 7th 2013
UPCOMING CLASSES IN FLORIDA AND SOUTH CAROLINA IN THE FALL - USE THE "EMAIL NEWSLETTER" LINK AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO GET UPDATES ON NEW CLASSES. A VIDEO SHOWING EXCERPTS FROM THE CLASS IS UP AT WWW.SURVIVALREPORT.NET
JRH first began hosting Survival Medicine classes in 1993. Back by popular demand we are offering half-day blocks of instruction and full-day classes on Survival Medicine.
April 7th, 2013 class will cover:
- Patient Assessment:
- Understand the A,B,C,D and E of the primary assessment
- What to look for when performing a secondary survey
- Compare and contrast results from primary assessment for trauma and medical patients
- Understand the importance of vital signs when related to trauma patients
- Airway Management:
- Understand the respiratory anatomy
- Learn the common causes of airway obstruction
- Learn and practice the basic airway management techniques
- Compare and contrast nasopharyngeal vs. oropharyngeal airways
- Shock Management:
- Learn the reasons for shock and various types of shock
- Practice the stabilization and management of the patient with shock
- We will also review the items needed and the procedure for needle chricothyrotomy.
- Basic Trauma Overview:
- Understand blood loss and hemorrhage control
- Learn and practice basic bandaging techniques
- Review the basic kinetics of trauma and why they are important in patient care
- Review the basic anatomy of internal organs
- Compare and contrast the differences in trauma to different internal organs
- Review shock management from morning session
- Soft tissue injuries including burns
- Basis Fracture management
- We will also review the items needed and procedure for needle thoracostomy.
Even though these are separate "classes", sessions are designed to be "built" upon. A participant that attends the first session will have a better understanding during session two.
Both sessions will include hands on practice and if time permits, different scenarios will be practiced. Taught by PA's, Paramedics, CLS instructor for the military and Paramedic Instructor
REGISTER BY MARCH 1ST AND SAVE MONEY!
SPACE IS LIMITED, to register go to www.survivalmedicine.com
Or call JRH Enterprises to register at 912.379.9441 or 912.375.1480
****Read a review of this class at Survival Medicine Class Review
You can pay at the door but it will be more. Register now to save money!
- Item #: SurmedI